Answers to important tax questions

How do I check on my refund?

Checking the status of your refund is easy. We will tell you where to go online and what you should have ready before you start.

What do I need to bring when I am having my taxes prepared?

See a comprehensive list of common items you should bring to your next appointment, especially if this is your first time having someone else file for you.

Are my social security benefits taxable?

Currently up to 85% of your social security may be taxable.

I haven’t filed tax returns for the past few years. What should I do?

Come in for a free consultation. It may be that you didn’t have to file at all.

How long should I keep my records and tax returns?

This is a question with no easy answer; it depends on your circumstances. We can offer the following guidelines.

What is an Enrolled Agent?

Mona and Amy are both Enrolled Agents. They have each earned the privilege of preparing tax returns and representing taxpayers before the Internal Revenue Service.

What is an amended return and when should I file one?

An amended return should be filed if there is a material difference between what was reported on the original return and what should have been reported.

What is an extension and why should I file one?

An extension is a request for additional time to file your tax return, not an extension to pay.

What do I do if I receive a notice from the IRS about my taxes?

Don’t panic, but definitely don’t ignore it.

What if I can't pay the tax I owe?

If you can afford to pay the amount you owe, pay it as soon as possible to limit penalties and interest. If you cannot afford to pay your tax debt, you have options.

Am I required to have health care coverage?

Most US citizens and legal residents will be required to have minimum health insurance coverage (defined by the Act) or pay a noncompliance penalty.

Who is exempt from the health care coverage requirement?

You are exempt from the noncompliance penalty if you meet any of these qualifications.

How do I get help in paying for health insurance?

A new refundable tax credit, called the “premium assistance credit” is available to subsidize the purchase of health insurance for certain taxpayers.

What happens if I don’t comply with the requirement to have health care coverage?

There’s a tax penalty for non-compliance if you are required to have coverage.

What are investment and medical surcharges?

Starting in 2014, there are two new taxes for high income individuals.

How to contact us

Visit our office in Old Farm Executive Park just west of Costco

Click on the map below to get directions from your current location. Note that our office is not visible from Grant Road. It is located in Old Farm Executive Park, as seen in the map below.

Get directions to our office

Tucson Tax Team
6111 E. Grant Rd.
Tucson, AZ 85712

Tucson Tax Team: Taxes solved.

Login or Pay invoice

©2018 Tucson Tax Team. All rights reserved. Special thanks to Robert Mion, a Charlotte, NC web designer, for his help building and designing our website.